Please read this policy carefully before using our website.
At Start Gardening, we take your privacy very seriously. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- ✔ Credit card information stored with our payment partner Sagepay
- ✔ Website encryption used throughout the website
- ✔ All your data securely stored within European Economic Area (“EEA”)
- ✔ We won't sell your data to third parties
This policy (together with our website terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This policy contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal data about you and how we will use your personal data.
This policy applies to information we collect about visitors to our website.
By visiting StartGardening.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Start Gardening Limited a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 10642988 with the registered office at Chandlers Cottage, Chandlers Lane, Edington, Somerset TA7 9JY.Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you when for example you are filling in registration or contact us forms or emailing us your enquiry or entering into competitions. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, postal address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information such as a credit card number, expiry date and security code
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to process your registration;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, agents, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Start Gardening Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our webiste terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Start Gardening Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The data that we collect from you will be stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We use standard website encryption to protect data both transmitted between you and us when using our webste and also between us and our suppliers such as our payment partnersPayment Data
We use Sage Pay to collect and process transaction information, we do not store full credit card numbers on our systems. Fot more information Sage Pay's security policy can be found here (www.sagepay.co.uk/policies/security-policy)Your rights
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a charge of £10 (or any other sum permitted by the Act) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.